Maya Strang...living it up!

It's offical...I'm a blogger!

Friday, August 18, 2006

update

i started a new way of eating last monday. it's from the book "Eating For Your IBS." It's really taken a mind shift for me. You are to eat soluble fibers at every meal which is pastas, white breads, crackers, potatoes, etc... Since I want to loose weight I've been eating whole grains and none of the above! Other things...no sodas or anything with Sucralose. So basically I can drink water and vitamin water (which is really good thankfully!). I need to eat and drink lots of Peppermint (it's soothing to the gi track). No chips, but I can have baked lays and pretzels. Never eat a salad first. The insoluble fiber can trigger my IBS so I am to eat them at the end of the meal on a full stomach. Veggies have to always be cooked. Chocolate in very small doses. I can however eat sugar. It is a soother! Main suggestions are marshmallows, twizlers and jelly beans. there are tons more. oh no red meat or pork. only chicken, turkey, tofu and seafood (which i wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole!). i have to stay away from fried foods, egg yolks and dairy. i went cold turkey with this and will slowly try things again to see how i do. i've done pretty good. the first two days were hard. my ibs seemed to get worse, but then i started to feel better. i also have to take benefiber every morning. it's pretty crazy, but i'm willing to give it a go to help control my ibs.

i have realized that it is only bad in stressful situations. so in those situations i need to make sure to eat "safely" as it's called. and the main thing is to walk out my faith! i know God has healed me of this. now i just have to stop letting the enemy tell me different.

with the book are a bunch of recipes to make "safe" foods that taste good. i make a peppermint fudge cake last night. it has applesauce, unbleached flour, canola oil, vanilla and peppermint extract, sugar and unsweetened coco powder. no eggs and no dairy. i brought it into the office today and thankfully everyone loves it. i am so happy cuz i love to bake. now i get to figure out ways to switch our ingredients to make it healthier for everyone's gi tracks. i think it's pretty cool. it can be my thins. :)

thankfully i love soy products. just had a tofu veggie lasanga for lunch and it was really good. last night i had 2 glasses of caffeine free coke. i did fine. i think that will be my treat every so often, cuz i really do love me so coke-a-cola! i'm gonna try the tofu cheesecake next. we'll see how it turns out. :) i'm not so sure about that one.

k, i'm gonna go. my lunch break is over. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger MaryBeth said…

    Maya, u r so beautiful. I've heard u on the relevant podcast and thought i would check ou this page. I appreciate u and Cameron and ur love for God and I love listening to the podcast. It truly helps me get thru some rough times. I'll be praying for you guys to have a little one. what a beautiful baby that will be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home